Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sundance - Who We Were

The orc approached her, a cautious look on his face, ears at half-mast. "You, know something of orcish shamans?" he asked carefully.

Kajivar slid down the stall wall as a happy buzz filled her ears. "Was part of the Sundance tribe," she mumbled. "Neighbors with the Kra'kish."

He shook his head. "I am afraid I do not understand," he said. "I know of the Kra'kish, but not the Sundance. I a from the far West. I was once of the Gu'shun."

She started to snore, but the sound woke her. "Long way from home, ain't you?"

His ears flattened all the way to his skull. He sighed. "I no longer have a home among my people," he said.

But Kajivar didn't hear him, the drink proved stronger than she was. Her snores didn't wake her this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment