Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sundance - Sense of Direction

"Hey, stupid, stop," she mumbled. The horse froze in his tracks. Kajivar slid to the ground, holding tight to the saddle horns as her knees didn't want to work right away. The orc was a bit blurry on the other side of the saddle. "You got a name?" she asked.

He huffed in what sounded like amusement. "I am Grak."

"I was a bit drunk at the time-" and might still be a little tippled- "but do I remember you using sorcery?" She couldn't keep the incredulity from her voice. Orcs weren't sorcercers. It just didn't happen.

Grak simply nodded. "I have been a student of sorcery for some years."

Kajivar just nodded. "So..." She looked around, but everything was still blurry. "Where are we going?"

"I am heading to pay my respects to the Kra'kish," he said. "You are welcome to join me."

She wasn't sure how it was possible to stumble when one was standing still, but Kajivar found herself on her ass at the gelding's hooves. Her head swam with too many emotions to identify. Except despair, that one was familiar and unmistakable.

No comments:

Post a Comment