Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Motivation

I don't have it.

Now, don't get me wrong, I have stories coming out my ears. The disconnect seems to come when I try to get it into text. I can IM and research and jot notes from sun-up to sun down, but when I sit down to type those ideas into a story, I freeze.

I've written just over 5 000 words on Caliburn, the novel you've been teased with for the last few Six Sundays. I think this is actually the most I've written independently on anything since the 100 hand-written page Thing I wrote between sixth and eighth grades.

So there are some things I'm trying for inspiration. The first would be music.



I've always been a musical person. Many of my stories have their own soundtracks. Something comes on the radio and my brain kicks into overdrive on a certain story. Unfortunately, this mostly happens while driving.

Then there's this:



Yeah, that's massive, but it's the feedback on this blog from YOU guys. *shrug* That's probably the most inspiring thing out there. What can I say? I'm a bit of an attention and feedback whore.

I've also posted the 100 day writing challenge up there. The goal is 800 words a day on Caliburn. So, while I've enjoyed this blog entry, I have housework and writing to do.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment