Monday, May 21, 2012

Fund Raising

So, I need to start this by telling you about my roommate, Kym. She's amazing. She's a photographer, a cook, she practically keeps our house cleaned single-handed because my brother and I are lazy bitches. She's also one of the best friends a person can have.

She also has some pretty severe asthma. As she is a student who works only part time, sometimes she can't afford her medication. With the merciless wrath of the Ohio River Valley this year, she's been surviving on a rescue inhaler.

So, I'm setting up a fund-raiser for her. There will be auctions, but I'm going to start with a donation button.


If you would rather use PayPal, the brother has graciously agreed to let us use his account.
 

Kym will be offering pairs of crocheted wrist warmers/fingerless gloves/mitts or scarves. She's flexible! We have a wide variety of yarns which are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Next season of Deadliest Catch might feature her hat-making skills!

Next up are the auctions! Bidding is open from now until 7pm EDT on Monday, May 28th.

I will be offering up for auction, some knitted jewelry. I use crochet floss, 100% mercerized cotton, a key charm, and two small buttons for closure.

The amazing Skyla Dawn Cameron, (OMG, you guys, BUY HER BOOKS), has offered a critique for our auction.

The most excellent Vae has offered up the Worlds of Whedon issue of SFX.

And now we have the quite talented Frito baking for us. She has offered a dozen cupcakes in jars, and man, are they amazing.

Eee! Another fabulous author, Gwen Perkins,  has offered an autographed copy of her book, The Universal Mirror.


And Vae has a second offering, a shawl knit in the Yvaine pattern


This one is just plain amazing, author Elaine Corvidae has offered an autographed hardcover set of her first series, Lord of Wind and Fire

2 comments:

  1. Hey. Have her go to the company website of the pharmeceutical company that produces her inhalers. There should be a form somewhere (you have to find it) that she can fill out. Most of the major companies will give you inhalers free, or at a very reduced rate, if you are financially in a bind (this is how I am getting mine). She should also check around and see if there is a clinic in the area that caters to low income, sometimes they have relations in place and can make the process easier and faster or check your local Medical assistance program. You may already know some of this. I'm on a steroid inhaler (250 plus tax) and the albuterol too = sucks to pay without insurance!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, that is my plan, but as I know, that takes almost 30 days just to process, and then RXCrossroads takes FOREVER to ship. (I once tracked them at 3 weeks from the time I requested a refill until the time it hit my mailbox. I could have DRIVEN to their processing place and picked it up in less than 30min.)

      So yeah, playing the waiting game with financial assistance through the hospital and waiting for callbacks on openings at clinics, but meds are out and I'm needing that emergency refill.

      Delete